Call for European Youth Capital 2019 Consultant
January 27, 2016 -
DEADLINE FEBRUARY 17th, APPLY: here.
The European Youth Forum is seeking a consultant to give expert, independent input for the ongoing application process for European Youth Capital 2019. The role of the independent consultant is to assess the applications of the cities in all three phases of the competition (see schedule here) and to provide the Youth Forum with an assessment on how the applications relate to the criteria for selection.
The ‘European Youth Capital’ (EYC) title is awarded by the European Youth Forum to a European municipality for a period of one year, during which it is given the chance to showcase its youth-related cultural, social, political and economic life and development. The EYC title encourages municipalities to both continue and expand the implementation of youth participation projects and to put in practice new ideas and innovative projects on the active participation of young people in society. It gives the opportunity to cities to be a role model in ensuring the sustainable involvement of young people in the political, societal, cultural and economic life of the municipality.
After having awarded the title to Rotterdam (Netherlands), Turin (Italy), Antwerp (Belgium), Braga (Portugal), Maribor (Slovenia), Thessaloniki (Greece), Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Ganja (Azerbaijan), Varna (Bulgaria) and Cascais (Portugal), the call for the European Youth Capital 2019 was launched in December 2015.
Criteria for selection:
The independent, expert consultant should meet the following criteria:
– Strong experience in the implementation of projects related to youth participation at the local/urban level
– Strong experience in a consultancy role
– Excellent analytic skills
– Ability to write and communicate clearly in English
– Independence from all applicant cities
– Strong motivation to contribute to an initiative that the Youth Forum sees as a key initiative for improved youth participation in Europe.
The tasks of the consultant are as follows:
– Assessment of the applications from the cities in the first application round (March 2016) and establishment of a suggested shortlist of applicants. Development of feedback for all applicant cities.
– Assessment of the five shortlisted cities’ application forms in the second round (July 2016), and development of detailed recommendations/expertise for the cities on how their applications can be improved.
– Assessment of the improved, final applications submitted by the shortlisted cities in the third round (October 2016) and establishment of a draft ranking for assessment by the high-level, independent jury.
– Participation in the final jury meeting in November 2016 (most likely at the Youth Forum offices in Brussels).
The contract will run from March 2nd to November 30th inclusive, and will be remunerated with a sum of €8000 (subject to VAT). All tasks are conducted through online communication, except for the final jury meeting. Travel and accommodation costs for the final jury meeting will be covered by the Youth Forum.
You can find out more about the EYC 2019 selection process, the application timeline, the tasks of the independent consultant, and how to apply for the position at our open call on the Youth Forum database. Applicants must register on the database and then complete the form.
APPLY (Deadline February 17th): here.
For any further questions, please contact Conor O’Neill (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Youth Forum’s Secretariat.